Lately, I've been thinking a lot about these famous words by Theodore Roosevelt:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
School's back in session and extra-curricular activities are in full swing. But unlike years past, my crafting time has been drastically cut short because of the kids attending different schools leading to several changes in our transportation scenario. I find myself spending a lot of time commuting and waiting, when my heart really yearns for my studio desk. But it is what it is... and I want to make the most of it. In fact, while I waited in the car line these last couple of weeks, I took photos of a lot of little things that I usually don't pay much mind to, such as the flashing speed limit sign, children crossing the road, school signs and more. Taken with my Droid phone, they aren't the best photos, but they do capture the details honestly. I ended up with quite a few photos that I narrowed down to six. Keeping in mind this Daily Flash sleeve, I resized and stitched them together in Adobe Photoshop 5.0 to create a 4 x 6 print.
And thought about filling in the remaining pockets with some of the cute papers and embellishments from the Milk Money mini collection.
SL-1072 - Daily Flash - 6x8 Sleeve for 2x2 (A)
I had two more photos I really wanted to add. So, I created another photo composite with two 3 x 4 photos and printed it as 4x 6.
The goal was to cut them apart to fit inside this sleeve.
SL-1074 - Daily Flash - 6x8 Sleeve for 3x4 (A)
When I set out to put my pages together, I realized that I didn't have any of the SL-1072 - Daily Flash - 6x8 Sleeve for 2x2 (A) left. I had also used up the two 4 x 4 paper blocks I wanted to use on the layout. So, a little change of plan was in order. This is what I did.
1. I picked these sleeves instead
2. Instead of cutting apart my first photo composite with the six 2x2, I decided to use it as a 4x6 photo to go in the bottom right sleeve pocket.
3. I made my own journaling card by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4" wide and 3.5" tall, stitching a few Snap Caps near the top edge, and splattering some paint on it.
4. For the other 4x4 pocket, I just cut a piece from the 12 x 12 Lunch paper as it fit my theme perfectly.
5. For the 2 x 8 pocket, I cut apart the 'Clocks Tell Time' strip from one of the 8x8 papers from the Milk Money collection and added a couple of Tin Pins to embellish. And the left half of the spread came together like this
The right half was all about the photos. I just added a couple of Snap Caps for fun.
So, you see even with little time and without your top pick of products handy, you can still finish a spread quite easily. I guess, sometimes it's about embracing a philosophy!
Thanks for stopping by!